2015 Event Proposals & Acceptances
The AWP Conference & Bookfair features 550 events and more than 2,000 presenters. The proposal process is highly competitive, and panel organizers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with our proposal handbook and presenter guidelines before planning and submitting a proposal. Proposals for our 2016 conference in Los Angeles will be accepted in March 2015.
List of Tentatively Accepted Events for the 2015 Conference & Bookfair
The AWP conference committee seeks proposals featuring panelists who are diverse in their backgrounds, pursuits, affiliations, and ages. While an institutional affiliation is not required of participants, when appropriate panels should showcase presenters from a variety of organizations and institutions who are at different stages of their careers. The ideal panel will consist of participants who represent a broad range of perspectives and experiences. The committee also encourages panel participation from graduate students.
- You do not need to be a member of AWP to propose an event. However, you must have an active AWP user account. You will be prompted to log in or create an account when you enter the proposal system. If you already have an AWP user account but you've forgotten your password, visit our forgot password page.
- You can watch a video tutorial on using the new proposal system. It takes five minutes and will answer all of your questions, especially the one about how to enter text into the submission form.
- If you propose yourself as the moderator of an event, don't list yourself as a participant. All moderators are event participants.
- Once you submit, your proposed event participants will receive an email confirming their willingness to participate. They must link the proposal to their own AWP user accounts within two weeks.
- Your participants will be prompted to enter their own bios when they link to your event.
- Give yourself ample time to read the event proposal handbook and acquaint yourself with the new submission system.
- The deadline for submissions is Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. eastern time.
- The deadline for submitting a bookfair stage event is Monday, December 1, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. eastern time.