2024 Conference Hotel & Travel Information
2024 AWP Conference & Bookfair
February 7–10, 2024 Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City Convention Center
We work closely with hotel and travel providers to secure competitive lodging and transportation needs for conference attendees. We encourage you to make your hotel and travel reservations as early as possible. This page will be updated regularly with the most up to date information on hotels, travel, and discounts. If you have additional questions regarding hotels, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive 7% off published fares from Alaska Airlines, visit www.alaskaair.com and enter the discount code ECME969 when searching for flights to Kansas City, MO. This discount is available from August 2023 through January 2024. If you choose to book over the phone (800) 445-4435, a $15 booking charge will apply. Travel may be booked during blackout dates, but no discount will apply.
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) offers an abundance of information for arriving travelers including those with mobility, accessibility, and other needs. For more information please visit the arrivals website to see what they can do to make your arrival smoother. MCI is approximately 18 miles from the Kansas City Convention Center and is accessible via bus, shuttle service, or car service.
Union Station Kansas City 30 W Pershing Rd, Kansas City, Missouri 64108 https://www.amtrak.com/stations/kcy Union Station has accessible platforms, restrooms, ticket offices, and waiting rooms. Wheelchair rentals available.
zTrip is offering #AWP24 attendees $10 discount on their first ride with code AWP. Trips must be booked and paid for on the zTrip mobile app to redeem this discount.
Use code AWP24 to claim your discount.
For a discounted ride from the Kansas City International Airport to one of AWP’s hotel blocks, SuperShuttle is a great option. Use code KHC6Y for a 5% discount at supershuttle.com.
Zero Fare RideKC Transit
Free bus rides are available throughout Kansas City via RideKC. All buses are outfitted with lyfts or ramps.
The RideKC Streetcar connects all downtown neighborhoods with sixteen stops and is free to ride. Ample parking is available along the route for local commuters. Check out the route to plan your ride.
RideKC Freedom offers on-demand ADA paratransit services. The ADA paratransit service operates adjacent to local bus routes and costs $3 per trip. Call 816-842-9070 for more information.
ADA Paratransit Services
Agencies providing ADA comparable paratransit service in the Kansas City area are:
Dial-A-Ride (Kansas City, Kansas): 913-573-8351
IndeAccess (Independence, Missouri.): 816-325-7399
Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Services
Secure Transport - Kansas City, wheelchair accessible vehicles available: 816-350-1800 UberWAV in Kansas City – Uber offers a wheelchair accessible service to people with disabilities in Kansas City. Wait times range from 10-30 minutes, with a limited number of UberWAV vehicles.
Other Transportation Services
City Cab of Kansas City: 816-474-8294 Assisted Healthcare Transportation: 913-262-5190 Budget Taxi: 816-835-7172 Checker Services: 816-461-8440
Electric-assist or classic pedal bikes are available throughout the city with RideKC Bike. All bikes are app based and do not accept cash. Users can check out bikes for trips around the city twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (riders are encouraged to follow the rules of the road and to always wear a helmet). Bikes are white with a blue RideKC logo on the frame.
Auditorium Plaza Garage
1220 Wyandotte St, Kansas City, MO 64105 - Approximately 0.7 miles or a 2-min walk to the Kansas City Convention Center
$20 per day
8ft. clearance, open 24/7, 45 accessible parking spaces
Reserve your spot online today!
1210 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64105 - Approximately 0.1 miles or a 3-min walk to the Kansas City Convention Center
$20-$25 per day
Surface lot, open 24/7, accessible parking available
Cathedral Square Garage
727 West 12th St., Kansas City, MO 64105 - Approximately 0.1 miles or a 2-min walk to the Kansas City Convention Center
$20-$25 per day
7ft. clearance, open 24/7, 250 accessible parking spaces
Arts District Garage
287 West 17th St., Kansas City, MO 64108 - Approximately 0.6 miles or an 11-min walk to the Kansas City Convention Center
$16-$25 per day
6.6ft. clearance, open 24/7, 66 accessible parking spaces
For other options please see the Kansas City Downtown Parking Map
Unfortunately, there is no street area specifically for accessible pickup or drop-off at the Kansas City Convention Center. If you need more time to load or unload from a rideshare or taxi, we have two recommendations:
- There is a right-turn-only lane on West 13th Street between Broadway Boulevard and Central Street directly in front of the Lobby 2200 doors that should allow a car to park for some additional time.
- Enter the address “1515 Wyandotte St., Kansas City, MO 64108” and use the Loews Kansas City Hotel driveway at their main entrance. The Loews is connected to the Kansas City Convention Center via skybridge.
Reserving Your Room
- Book early! Conference hotels usually sell out several months in advance of our conference.
- Please be considerate of other conference attendees by reserving only the rooms you need for your conﬁrmed attendees at your time of booking.
- Please be mindful of each hotel’s deadlines for reserving rooms at AWP’s discounted rates. After these respective dates, discounted rates will no longer be available to attendees.
- Reserve your room by using the booking links below or calling the hotel directly and letting them know you want to be in AWP's room block. AWP does not endorse or use a third-party housing service to help with the reservation and/or sale of hotel rooms during our conference. Attendees who use a third-party housing service to secure lodging at one of our hotels may be engaging in illegal activity.
- If you cancel your reservation fewer than 30 days in advance of your arrival, the hotel will apply a cancellation fee to your reservation equal to one night’s room and tax. If you check out prior to your reserved checkout date, the hotel may apply an early departure fee.
- If you experience issues with website reservations, we recommend you call the hotel reservation department directly at the number listed below. Allocations of certain bed types may run out through the website as the hotel’s rooms are booked. Bed types can be requested but not guaranteed.
- To receive the special conference rate, please make your reservation by the deadlines outlined below.
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
2345 McGee St, Kansas City, Missouri 64108
Approximately 1 mile or a 21-min walk to the Kansas City Convention Center or, catch the free RideKC Streetcar at the Union Station stop .3 miles or a 6 min walk from the Sheraton.
Rates: starting at $199.00 per night (plus applicable taxes and fees)
Book at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center or call 816-841-1000
Special Conference Rate Deadline: Monday, January 15, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. CT
For questions about ADA rooms and booking contact Brent Korf at Brent.Korf@marriott.com or 816-277-2695
Kansas City Marriott Downtown – Headquarters Hotel
200 W 12th St, Kansas City, Missouri 64105
Approximately 0.2 miles or a 3-min walk to the Kansas City Convention Center
Rates: starting at $215.00 per night (plus applicable taxes and fees)
Book at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown or call 816-421-6800
Conference Rate Deadline: Tuesday, January 15, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. CT
For questions about ADA rooms and booking contact Rachel Luedders at email@example.com or 816-855-4465
*There is currently no availability at the Marriott on Tuesday, February 6, or Wednesday, February 7.
Loews Kansas City
1515 Wyandotte St, Kansas City, Missouri 64108
Approximately 0.02 miles or a 1-min walk to the Kansas City Convention Center via skybridge
Rates: starting at $221.00 per night (plus applicable taxes and fees)
Book at the Loews Kansas City or call 816-897-7070
Conference Rate Deadline: Tuesday, January 15, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. CT
For questions about ADA rooms and booking contact Alysia Salazar, Alysia.Salazar@Loewshotels.com or 816-897-7023, or Sarah Burke at Sarah.Burke@Loewshotels.comor 816-897-7032
*There is currently no availability at the Loews on Saturday, February 10 or Sunday, February 11.
Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown
1301 Wyandotte St, Kansas City, Missouri 64105
Approximately 0.1 miles or a 2-min walk to the Kansas City Convention Center
Rates: starting at $205.00 per night (plus applicable taxes and fees)
Book at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown or call 816-474-6664
Special Conference Rate Deadline: Monday, January 8, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. CT
For questions about ADA rooms and booking contact Lauren McCollum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-460-6625, or Linda Goff at email@example.com or 816-460-6623