Writer’s Chronicle Apps
A digital edition of the Writer's Chronicle is now available as an app for the iPad and for Android tablets. Download the app today and begin reading from our recent issues.
- Touch the name of an article or section and jump to that part of the issue. Or you can swipe back and forth to browse page by page;
- Double tap a page to see menu and navigation options. You can view your current page and easily return to the library of issues;
- Find the main sections of each issue via drop-down menu from anywhere within the issue;
- Scroll through thumbnails of each page to access the sections you want to read;
- Save a page from any issue with just a tap and access it later using the Favorites button on the bottom of your app menu. Your Favorites collection displays your saved pages, ordered according to issue;
- Access AWP’s RSS feed from within the app to receive our latest news and website updates;
- Share a link to a page or article on popular social networking sites;
- View a plain text version of every article and major section for easier reading. Just tap the black button at the bottom of each page to reveal the text version; and
- Zoom on pages in the plain text version and adjust the font size as you wish.
URLs relating to news pieces are linked to their related websites. All paid advertisements, including classified ads, link directly to their related websites. After viewing a related site, select the “back” buttonto return to your place in the app.
Information for Members and Subscribers
The Writer’s Chronicle app is FREE to current AWP members and magazine subscribers. You need a key that will allow you to access the app without buying each issue.
To access the app, follow the quick steps below for your device.
Step 1: Go to iTunes and download the free app for the Writer’s Chronicle.
Step 2: From the app’s Library of issues, look in the top right corner for a white rectangle made up for four smaller rectangles (representing different issues). Tap that area and you will be taken to the “All Available Issues” screen.
Step 3: At the top of the “All Available Issues” page you will see a gray section with the title “Print Version Subscribers & Members” and a red button that reads “Tap Here for Access to the Tablet Edition.” Simply tap that red button.
Step 4: Enter your name and key on the “Tablet Access for Current Subscribers” page. For members, the key is the same as your AWP password. If you do not have your key, please contact the AWP Webmaster. Remember, you must be a current member or subscriber to access the issues for free. After entering information, hit the “Submit” button.
Step 5: If you entered the information correctly, you will be taken back to the Library screen. Click the download button to access a particular issue.
Android Tablet Directions
Step 1: Go to Google Play and download the free app for the Writer’s Chronicle.
Step 2: There are two different ways of finding the Sign In screen. You can either click on the menu button within the app and tap the "Sign In" icon. Or you can click the menu button within the app, tap the "Contents" icon, and then tap the big blue banner that reads "Tap Here for Access to the Tablet Edition."
Step 3: In the "Please log in" dialog box, you will need to enter your name and the Key Code AWP provided you with. For AWP members, the Key is the same as your AWP password. If you do not have your Key, please contact the AWP Webmaster to receive it. Remember, you must be a current member or current subscriber to access the issues for free. After putting in the information, hit the "Sign in" button.
Step 4: Download an issue: if you entered the information correctly, you will be taken back to the Library screen which displays issues. Click the "Details/download" button for an issue in order to download it.
AWP cannot assist you with technical questions related to downloading and installing the iPad or Android app. However, if you have a question relating to the app that is not covered here, please contact email@example.com.