Sponsorships for #AWP21 are now open.
“AWP is a yearly reminder that there is strength in creative community. The energy of tens of thousands of writers sharing ideas could light up the world.”
- Natalia Treviño, Poet and Professor
The AWP Conference & Bookfair brings together writers, students, teachers, small press publishers, and literary arts nonprofits. Since 1973, the conference has served as a gateway for writers to gather, building relationships and forging connections that nurture their artistic and professional lives. Sponsorship offers you a unique place at the heart of this literary extravaganza with multiple opportunities and benefits:
- Marketing to raise the national profile of your school or program
- Registration bundles that allow your staff, faculty, and students to participate
- Special sponsor exhibit areas that put you at the center of the action
- Recognition as an AWP Conference & Bookfair sponsor on the AWP website, in The Writer’s Chronicle, across all AWP social media platforms, and on the conference homepage
- Access to “up-close-and-personal” VIP virtual dance parties and networking events
This year, due to COVID-19, AWP will take our live conference online, embracing the new frontiers of virtual conferencing to recreate the programs and networking that make the AWP Conference & Bookfair an experience like no other. The #AWP21 keynote speaker is US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo.
Each virtual bookfair exhibit space is a livestream that can be managed to reach out and engage your audience in new and innovative ways. Capabilities of your space include:
- Screen a film or host a webinar
- Alternate live chat with programmed materials
- Host break-out sessions on-on-one or in small groups
- Receive a daily email listing of everyone who accesses your virtual bookfair booth
We offer sponsorships at multiple levels and are also happy to help design custom packages that fit your school or organization.
To secure your sponsorship today, please go to the store to purchase online. You can also download the #AWP21 Sponsor Pledge Form, fill it out electronically, and email it back to Sheila Black at Sheila@awpwriter.org to secure your sponsorship and request to be invoiced.
The earlier you pledge, the more marketing impressions and exposure you receive over the months leading up to the conference. The sponsorship deadline has been extended to January 15, 2021.