Event proposals for #AWP22 are now closed.
In light of the tremendous success of the virtual 2021 AWP Conference & Bookfair, AWP will incorporate a virtual component to #AWP22. In addition to offering our full in-person event schedule in Philadelphia from March 23-26, 2022, we will live-stream several in-person events and offer a selection of prerecorded virtual events.
A virtual-only registration will be available for #AWP22 at a reduced registration rate and will include the prerecorded virtual events and live-streamed events. The in-person registration will include all in-person and virtual programming.
Anyone is welcome to propose an in-person or a virtual event for #AWP22 from May 3-June 8, 2021. In-person events will last the usual 75 minutes, and prerecorded virtual events will last 60 minutes. Please note that due to limited staff & resources, not all in-person events can be live-streamed for virtual audiences.
The proposal process is highly competitive, and event organizers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Event Proposal Guidelines and Presenter Guidelines before submitting a proposal. The guidelines have been updated for the 2022 AWP Conference & Bookfair and should be reviewed by both first-time and returning event organizers.
The AWP conference subcommittee seeks proposals featuring panelists who are diverse in their backgrounds, pursuits, affiliations, and ages. While an institutional affiliation is not required of participants, when appropriate, panels should showcase presenters from a variety of organizations and institutions who are at different stages of their careers. The ideal panel will consist of participants who represent a broad range of perspectives and experiences. The committee also encourages panel participation from graduate and undergraduate students.
- For tips on submitting an event proposal, read the best practices guide. A plain-text version of this guide is also available.
- For a step-by-step guide through the event management system, watch the AWP proposal tutorial video.
- For an overview of the event proposal and selection process, watch the #AWP22 Event Proposal Webinar.
- May 3: #AWP22 proposal system opens
- June 8: deadline to submit a #AWP22 event proposal.
- June 16: deadline for all participants to link their AWP account to their proposals and add their short biographies.