#AWP21 proposal submissions have closed. Please check back for #AWP22 opportunities this spring!
The 2021 AWP Conference & Bookfair will feature over 200 events and hundreds of presenters. The events that will be held as part of the 2021 Conference & Bookfair consist of cancelled #AWP20 events that were formally deferred to #AWP21 by their event organizer, and new events proposed this year by first-time event organizers. The deferred #AWP20 events went through the proposal submission process in 2019 and were selected by the 2020 San Antonio Conference Subcommittee. All new event proposals submitted this summer were evaluated by the 2021 Conference Subcommittee.
The AWP conference subcommittee seeks proposals featuring panelists who are diverse in their backgrounds, pursuits, affiliations, and ages. While an institutional affiliation is not required of participants, when appropriate, panels should showcase presenters from a variety of organizations and institutions who are at different stages of their careers. The ideal panel will consist of participants who represent a broad range of perspectives and experiences. The committee also encourages panel participation from graduate and undergraduate students.
- You do not need to be a member of AWP to propose or participate an event for #AWP21. However, you must have an active AWP user account. You will be prompted to log in or create an account when you enter the proposal system. If you already have an AWP user account but you've forgotten your password, visit our Forgot Password page.
- If you propose yourself as the moderator of an event, don't list yourself as a participant. All moderators are event participants.
- Once you submit your proposed event, participants will receive an email confirming their willingness to participate. They must link the proposal to their own AWP user accounts within a week. If they do not receive this email, the event organizer can assist them by going to their Event Management page, and clicking the “Copy Link” button next to the name of the participant who did not receive the email. The organizer can then send that link to the participant, who may use it to link their AWP account to the event proposal.
- Your participants will be prompted to enter their own bios when they link to your event.
- Give yourself ample time to read the Event Proposal Guidelines and acquaint yourself with the Event Management submission system.