The deadline to submit a #AWP24 event proposal has passed.
The 2024 AWP Conference & Bookfair will feature hundreds of conference events and thousands of presenters at the in-person conference in Kansas City, Missouri. A select number of events will be made available virtually for both in-person and virtual-only attendees to enjoy. Proposals for both in-person and virtual conference events will be accepted in the spring of 2023.
An in-person #AWP24 registration will include access to all in-person and virtual programming. A virtual-only registration will also be available for #AWP24 at a reduced registration rate and will include on-demand access to a selection of prerecorded virtual events and access to a number of livestreamed events from the in-person conference.
Anyone is welcome to submit an in-person or a virtual event proposal for #AWP24 from April 26 to June 1, 2023. In-person events will last the usual 75 minutes, and prerecorded virtual events will last 60 minutes. Please note that due to limited staff & resources, not all in-person events can be livestreamed for virtual audiences.
The proposal process is highly competitive, and event organizers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Event Proposal Guidelines and Presenter Guidelines before submitting a proposal. The guidelines have been updated for the 2024 AWP Conference & Bookfair and should be reviewed by both first-time and returning event organizers.
The AWP conference subcommittee seeks proposals featuring panelists who are diverse in their backgrounds, pursuits, affiliations, and ages. While an institutional affiliation is not required of participants, when appropriate, panels should showcase presenters from a variety of organizations and institutions who are at different stages of their careers. The ideal panel will consist of participants who represent a broad range of perspectives and experiences. The committee also encourages panel participation from graduate and undergraduate students.
- Submit a #AWP24 event proposal..
- For tips on submitting an event proposal, read the best practices guide. A plain-text version of this guide is also available.
- For a step-by-step guide through the event management system, watch the AWP proposal tutorial video.
- For an overview of the proposal submission process, watch the AWP Event Proposal Webinar.
- April 26: #AWP24 proposal system opens
- June 1: deadline to submit a #AWP24 event proposal.
- June 9: deadline for all participants to link their AWP account to their proposals and add their short biographies
- August 2023: #AWP24 accepted events announced