Writers’ Conferences & Centers Membership
Writers' Conferences & Centers (abbreviated as WC&C) is a special category of membership at AWP that serves a wide range of non-academic writing organizations including writers’ conferences, centers, retreats, festivals, workshops, and residencies. WC&C aims to increase the visibility of your organization and provide a space to collaborate with others in your field.
WC&C Membership Rates
Membership in WC&C is $225 per year and provides a low-cost way for you to increase your organization’s public outreach, join a growing community of conference and center directors, and manage and promote your organization.
WC&C Membership Benefits
A comprehensive listing of your organization on Directory of Conferences & Centers and an active link to your programming. Your listing may include your program title, contact information, website and email links, tuition, dates, faculty, short and detailed descriptions, a logo image, and a gallery of images. The listing can be updated as frequently as you wish. The directory:
- allows potential attendees to search conferences or centers by region, season, genre, or check our interactive event calendar to view programs by month
- includes promotion through regular AWP email broadcasts, direct mail, and advertising; your website listing may include your program title, contact information, website and email links, tuition, dates, faculty, short and detailed descriptions, a logo image, and a gallery of images, updated as frequently as you wish
Access to the members-only content on our website:
- the Opportunities page which includes deadlines for conferences and centers
- a complete and fully searchable archive of articles from The Writer’s Chronicle
- additional resources useful to teachers and administrators of Writers' Conferences and Centers
A promotional listing in AWP’s “Conferences, Colonies, & Centers” section of the February issue of The Writer’s Chronicle, which reaches 35,000 people, and a second listing in the issue of your choice.
A 10% discount on display advertising in The Writers’ Chronicle.
A one-year membership to AWP for the director of your organization, which includes a subscription to The Writer’s Chronicle and access to all the members-only features of our website.
Participation in the Kurt Brown Prizes, which annually provides three awards for writers to attend WC&C member programs.
- The opportunity to promote your program for free on AWP's Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites when you offer an exclusive benefit to AWP members.