Donate to AWP
Celebrate writers and their stories!
AWP’s mission is to amplify the voices of writers and the academic programs and organizations that serve them while championing diversity and excellence in creative writing. We are a national network that represents 500 colleges and universities, 130 writers’ conferences and centers, and 50,000 individual writers.
Services AWP offers members include
- the AWP website, a trusted hub for writing resources (497,000 visitors a year)
- The Writer’s Chronicle, a magazine on the writing craft (35,000 subscribers)
- the Writer to Writer Mentorship Program, free mentorships to emerging member writers (600 writers served)
- the AWP Award Series, offering $20,000 a year in prizes and publication in all major genres
- the AWP Conference & Bookfair, an annual gathering of the literary community (8,000–10,000 participants)
Help us keep uplifting writers and their stories. Every dollar you give impacts a writer’s life.
- $25 helps pay for two days of web hosting for crucial resources like the AWP Guide to Writing Programs and the AWP Job List.
- $50 pays for a half hour of captioning for Virtual AWP events such as pedagogy panels and mentorship conversations—free content that builds the craft of writers and writing teachers!
- $250 helps fund screeners and administration of the AWP Award Series, resulting in new poetry, short story, and novel publications.
- $500 funds recruitment, training, and support for a caring mentor of an emerging writer through the Writer to Writer Mentorship Program, building careers and amplifying diverse voices.
Donate to the Annual Fund
Support the Writer to Writer Mentorship Program
Give to the AWP Award Series Endowments, including the Donald Hall Prize for Poetry, the Grace Paley Prize for Short Fiction, and the Sue William Silverman Prize for Creative Nonfiction.
All donors receive recognition on the AWP website, the conference program, and AWP Annual Report.
Thank you for your generosity.
To learn more, view our most recent annual report.
If you have any questions, please contact Director of Development Sheila Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.