2023 Conference Work-Exchange Program
Are you a current student, adjunct professor, or someone in need of assistance to cover the cost of the conference? Sign up to participate in our work-exchange program for the 2023 AWP Conference & Bookfair March 08-11, 2023!
The success of each year’s conference and bookfair depends on the commitment and efforts of our work-exchange participants. In exchange for a pre-conference web training session and four hours of your time, AWP will provide you with a waived conference registration, which gives you full access to all conference events and the bookfair! As a work-exchange participant, there are a variety of roles and responsibilities:
Registration Line Monitor (In-person)
- In this role, volunteers will monitor the registration line, make sure attendees are practicing social distancing, and direct attendees to open kiosks.
Registration Kiosk Attendant (In-person)
- Registration kiosks attendants will help attendees print their registration or purchase a registration onsite. They will make sure badge paper is in the printer and will report any printer issues to the registration coordinator.
Material Distributor (In-person)
- Material distributors are responsible for opening boxes and restocking programs and tote bags for attendees. This role requires some light lifting.
Event Floater (In-Person)
- Event floaters are responsible for monitoring each session. They will report any technical difficulties to the work-exchange coordinator.
Room Monitor (In-Person)
- Room monitors are responsible for making sure event rooms do not reach capacity. They will wipe mics and other surfaces down before each session and will make sure chairs are properly spaced out to comply with health and safety guidelines.
Social Media Floater (In-person)
- The social media floater promotes photo taking with the AWP virtual platform. They will take screenshots of different virtual events and report directly to the director of social media. This position is great for attendees that like to directly engage with attendees and are social media-savvy.
Accessibility Attendant (In-person)
- The accessibility attendant may act in various of roles in supporting attendees with disabilities. You may ensure that accessibility needs are met in each session, caption videos, or take notes for someone with a disability. This position is ideal for individuals with accessibility experience.
Conference Team Support (Virtual)
- In this role, you will support the conference team in the months prior to the AWP conference. This may involve data entry, copyediting, and assisting on small conference projects. This role is great for attendees that are detail-oriented and prefer working behind the scenes. Please note: conference team support has limited availability and may be scheduled before the conference.
Each student must provide a copy of a valid student ID with their application, and each adjunct professor must provide a signed letter on university letterhead from a department head or chair as proof of adjunct employment with their application. Participants who identify as low-income do not need to provide verification. Upon signing up to participate, you will automatically receive a confirmation email. You will be notified of your specific date, time, and shift assignment in the following weeks after your application is submitted. The deadline to apply to the work-exchange for #AWP23 is January 27, 2023. Make a difference and sign up to be a much-appreciated work-exchange participant today!
User must be logged in to account.
Log in or create a new account apply for the AWP work-exchange program.