2024 Conference Work-Exchange Program
Are you a current student, adjunct professor, or someone in need of assistance to cover the cost of the conference? Sign up to participate in our work-exchange program for the #AWP24 Conference & Bookfair February 7–10, 2024 in Kansas City, Missouri!
The success of each year’s conference and bookfair depends on the commitment and efforts of our work-exchange participants. In exchange for a pre-conference web training session and four hours of your time on-site, AWP will provide you with a waived conference registration, which gives you full access to the bookfair and all conference events!
Applications for work-exchange are now closed
As a work-exchange participant, there are a variety of roles and responsibilities:
Registration Line Monitor (In-person)
- In this role, volunteers will monitor the registration line, and direct attendees to open kiosks.
Registration Kiosk Attendant (In-person)
- Registration kiosks attendants will help attendees print their registration. They will make sure badge paper is in the printer and will report any printer issues to the registration coordinator.
Material Distributor (In-person)
- Material distributors are responsible for opening boxes and restocking lanyards and tote bags for attendees. This role requires some light lifting.
Event Floater (In-Person)
- Event floaters are responsible for monitoring each session. They will report any technical difficulties to the work-exchange coordinator.
Room Monitor (In-Person)
- Room monitors are responsible for making sure event rooms do not reach capacity. They will wipe mics and other surfaces down before each session and will make sure chairs are properly spaced out to comply with health and safety guidelines.
Social Media Floater (In-person)
- The social media floater promotes photo taking with the AWP selfie walls in the bookfair.
Accessibility Attendant (In-person)
- The accessibility attendant may act in various of roles in supporting attendees with disabilities. You may ensure that accessibility needs are met in each session by acting as an escort or companion or taking notes for someone with a disability. This position is ideal for individuals with accessibility experience.
Upon signing up to participate, you will automatically receive a confirmation email. You will be notified of your specific date, time, and shift assignment once applications close. The deadline to apply to the work-exchange for #AWP24 is January 5, 2024. Make a difference and sign up to be a much-appreciated work-exchange participant today!