and daily updates about #AWP20.
The AWP Conference & Bookfair is an essential annual destination for writers, teachers, students, editors, and publishers. Each year thousands of attendees join our community for four days of insightful dialogue, networking, and unrivaled access to the organizations and opinion-makers that matter most in contemporary literature. The conference features thousands of presenters as well as hundreds of readings, panels, and craft lectures. The bookfair hosts hundreds of presses, journals, and literary organizations from around the world. AWP is now the largest literary conference in North America. Join us in San Antonio, TX, in 2020 to celebrate the best of what contemporary literature has to offer.
Click for a Twitter feed of upcoming #AWP20Events.
2020 AWP Conference & Bookfair
San Antonio, TX
Henry B. González Convention Center
March 4–7, 2020
- January 7, 2020: Will-call registration opens
- January 15, 2020: Deadline to submit to Writer to Agent
- January 31, 2020: Deadline for work-exchange applications
- February 5, 2020: Deadline for accessibility requests
- February 26, 2020: Deadline to submit Offsite Events
- February 26, 2020: Deadline to request changes to digital event schedules
- March 4, 2020: Onsite registration opens
Materials to View/Download
- Attendee Guide
- Conference & Bookfair App
- San Antonio Community Resources
- AWP's Guide to Accessible Literary Events
- All Maps
- Bookfair Map
- Conference Schedule Grids
Kansas City, Missouri
- March 3–6, 2021 | Kansas City Convention Center
- March 23–26, 2022 | Pennsylvania Convention Center
Archives of past conferences can be found in the Conference Archives section of the website.