Visit the videos section of the website to view the full videos, produced by FORA.tv.
The AWP Conference & Bookfair is an essential annual destination for writers, teachers, students, editors, and publishers. Each year more than 12,000 attendees join our community for four days of insightful dialogue, networking, and unrivaled access to the organizations and opinion-makers that matter most in contemporary literature. The 2015 conference featured over 2,000 presenters and 550 readings, panels, and craft lectures. The bookfair hosted over 800 presses, journals, and literary organizations from around the world. AWP’s is now the largest literary conference in North America. Join us in Los Angeles in 2016 to celebrate the best of what contemporary literature has to offer.
2016 AWP Conference & Bookfair
Los Angeles Convention Center
& JW Marriott Los Angeles
March 30-April 2, 2016
- March 16, 2015: event proposal submissions open
- May 1, 2015: deadline for #AWP16 Los Angeles event proposals
- May 8, 2015: last day for participants to link themselves to proposed events and enter their professional roles & biographies
Washington, DC | 50th Anniversary
- February 8 - 11, 2017 | Washington Convention Center & Washington Marriott Marquis
- March 7 - 10, 2018 | Tampa Convention Center & Marriott Tampa Waterside
- March 27 - 31, 2019 | Oregon Convention Center
Archives of past conferences can be found in the Conference Archives section of the website.