AWP invites our artistic members in the Southwest (defined for our purposes to include Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, and Mexico) to design the official T-shirt for #AWP20 in San Antonio. AWP will select several strong designs, and our AWP members will select the final winner via online voting. The artist with the winning design will receive a $500 prize plus the satisfaction of seeing their unique T-shirt design worn by thousands of writers in the city of San Antonio!
This contest is a fundraiser for AWP’s Writer to Writer Mentorship Program. All proceeds from T-shirt sales will support the growth of this project as it enters its twelfth season of helping new writers access the wisdom and experience of established and experienced writers.
- Artists must live in or be a student or teacher at a creative writing program in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, or Mexico. Voting will be open to all AWP members.
- Design images should evoke the Southwest or the city of San Antonio.
- Your design should be limited to two colors. No full-color images.
- #AWP20 San Antonio must feature in the design, but no other text. Use of AWP’s logo, is optional.
- No copyrighted material, profanity, or names or likenesses of specific writers may be used.
- Artists may submit more than one design for consideration.
- AWP will have exclusive copyright to the winning image, including the right to edit or otherwise modify the image at any time as AWP determines necessary.
- All designs must be submitted as a PDF or vector image to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2019.
- One winning image will be announced by December 23, 2019, and t-shirts will go on sale in early January.
- In addition to having their design produced and made available for sale to #AWP20 attendees, our winner will receive a $500 cash prize.
- Runners up will receive a free one-year membership with AWP.
- AWP will also award a free one-year membership and T-shirt to three lottery-selected members who vote in the online contest.
We look forward to seeing your designs!