2019 Conference T-shirts
AWP invites our artistic members in the Pacific Northwest (defined for our purposes to include Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, the Yukon, and Alaska) to design the official T-shirt for #AWP19 in Portland. AWP will select several strong designs, and our AWP members will select the final winner via online voting. The artist with the winning design will receive a free registration to #AWP19 and two VIP tickets to our gala featuring Cheryl Strayed—plus the satisfaction of seeing their stunning T-shirt design worn by thousands of writers in the city of Portland!
This contest is a fundraiser for AWP’s Writer to Writer Mentorship Program. All proceeds from the T-shirt sales before the conference will support the growth of this project as it enters its tenth season of helping new writers access the wisdom and experience of established and experienced writers.
- The artist must be a member of AWP and live or be a student or teacher at a creative writing program in Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, the Yukon, or Alaska. Voting will be open to all AWP members.
- Design images should evoke the Pacific Northwest or the city of Portland.
- We prefer that the T-shirt base color be natural, ash, blue horizon, or mint green; however, if you think a different color would work better with your design, please present it. You can view all shirt options on the Custom Ink website. (Select “Product Colors.”)
- Your design should be limited to two colors. No full-color images.
- #AWP19 Portland must feature in the design, but no other text. Use of AWP’s logo is optional.
- No copyrighted material, profanity, or names or likenesses of specific writers may be used.
- Artists may submit more than one design for consideration.
- AWP will have exclusive copyright to the winning image, including the right to edit or otherwise modify the image at any time as AWP determines necessary.
- All designs must be submitted as a PDF or vector image to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10, 2018.
- One winning image will be announced by January 14, 2019.
- In addition to having their design produced and made available for sale to #AWP19 attendees, our winner will receive a free registration to #AWP19 in Portland, two VIP tickets to our gala featuring Cheryl Strayed, and two free T-shirts.
- AWP will also award a free one-year membership and T-shirt to three lottery-selected members who vote in the online contest.