High School Membership
AWP offers a new special category of membership for public and private schools that offer creative writing.
High School Membership Rates
High school membership in AWP is $200 per year. The annual dues apply only to high schools in the United States; please contact us to sign up as a Canadian or international member. To have AWP staff handle the online administrative functions of your membership for you, select the concierge rate checkbox when you join or renew an organizational membership.
High School Membership Benefits
Qualifying high school members receive the following benefits:
- Four issues of The Writer’s Chronicle for up to ten individuals. Each issue features essays on the art of writing poetry, fiction and nonfiction; interviews with accomplished writers; and listings of opportunities for grants, awards, and publication.
- Access for ten individuals to the members-only content on our website, including:
- our Directory of Members.
- the Writer’s Calendar, which features information on literary events, publishing opportunities, grants, and awards.
- advice on how to conduct your job search.
- searchable archive of more than 1,000 articles from The Writer’s Chronicle; comprehensive information about writing programs, conferences, and colonies.
- documents useful to teachers and administrators of writing programs.
- the Job List, which contains current academic and non-academic jobs and internships for writers. Every other month, we publish an informative article on seeking employment as a writer. Our job listings are updated weekly.
- Participation in the AWP Program Directors' Meeting, which convenes at the AWP Annual Conference. The meeting provides program directors with a forum to share information.
- A 50% discount on AWP Award Series entry fees for 10 of your faculty and students.
- Member discounts for ten of your faculty and students on registrations to AWP’s Annual Conference & Bookfair.
- Eligibility to participate in AWP’s Writer to Writer mentorship program, a free service that pairs new and established writers.
- A member discount on advertising rates in The Writer’s Chronicle and on our website.
- Discounts on mailing list rentals.
- Advocacy to support professional standards and fair treatment of creative writing faculty and programs. AWP works with other organizations to support freedom of expression, public funding for the arts, high standards in education, and policies helpful to writers, publishers, teachers, and readers.
- Technical assistance and support for the development of writing programs and curriculum.
- A network that supports writers, the art of writing, and contemporary literature.