Ms Danika Dinsmore
British Columbia, Canada
Member Since: 10/30/2013
Danika Dinsmore is a writer, performance artist, and educator.
With poet Paul Nelson, she co-founded the Northwest SPokenword LAB in Auburn, WA and established the first teen poetry slam in Washington State. Through a grant from the King County Arts Commission, she wrote a curriculum guide for teaching poetry. Since then, she has taught for a variety of organizations including Learning Through the Arts, Vancouver Film School, Capilano University, ABCDE Sears Drama Festival, Vancouver Public Library, and the Creative Writing for Children’s Society. After the release of the first book in her children's fantasy series, Faerie Tales from the White Forest, she developed her Imaginary Worlds Tours events and has presented her program to schools, festivals, and conferences across North America. She is a professional member of SCBWI, CWILL BC, and the Speculative Fiction Writers of Canada.
Twitter Username: @danika_dinsmore
- Ondelle of Grioth , Hydra House (April 15, 2014)
- The Ruins of Noe , Hydra House (April 21, 2012)
- Brigitta of the White Forest , Hydra House (March 1, 2011)
- Every Day Angels and Other Near Death Experiences , en theos press (November 2002)
- The 3:15 Experiment , The Owl Press (January 1, 2001)
- Master of Fine Arts in Writing and Poetics from Naropa University (December 1993)
- Certificate in Screenwriting from University of Washington (May 2008)
- Bachelor of Arts in English from California Lutheran University (May 1990)
Genres of Interest
Fiction, Creative nonfiction, Screenwriting, Children's literature , Poetry