California, United States
Member Since: 06/30/2013
Laure-Anne Bosselaar is the author and of The Hour Between Dog and Wolf, and of Small Gods of Grief which was awarded the Isabella Gardner Prize for Poetry for 2001. Her third poetry collection, A New Hunger, was selected as an ALA Notable Book in 2008.
She is the recipient of a Pushcart Prize, and her poems have appeared in reviews such as The Washington Post, Georgia Review, Ploughshares, AGNI, Harvard Review, and many others. Garisson Keillor read four of her poems on NPR’s The Writers’ Almanach, and her poems have also been widely anthologized.
She is herself the editor of four anthologies: Night Out: Poems about Hotels, Motels, Restaurants and Bars, Outsiders: Poems about Rebels, Exiles and Renegades, Urban Nature: Poems about Wildlife in the Cities, and Never Before: Poems About First Experiences.
She taught poetry workshops at Emerson College, at the MFA in Creative Writing Program at Sarah Lawrence College, and at many conferences such as The Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, MA, the Palm Beach Poetry Festival, and the Frost Place Poetry Festival. She was awarded a Fellowship at the Breadloaf Writers' Conference, and was a Writer in Residence at The Vermont Studio Center as well as at Hamilton College, New York. She was the McEver Chair for Visiting Writers at Georgia Tech University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Fluent in four languages, she is currently translating American poetry into French and Flemish poetry into English. She and her husband, poet Kurt Brown, completed a book of translations from Flemish poet Herman de Coninck: The Plural of Happiness. She teaches at the Solstice Low Residency Program at Pine Manor College and lives on California's central coast.
She currently teaches at the Solstice Low Residency MFA Program in Creative Writing Program at Pine Manor College, and is a lecturer at the College for Creative Studies at UC Santa Barbara.
- A New Hunger , Ausable
- Small Gods of Grief , BOA Editions
- The Hour Between Dog and Wold , BOA Editions
- Urban nature, Poems about Nature in the Cities (Editor) , Milkweed Editions
- Outsiders: Poems about Rebels, Exiles and Renegades (Editor) , Milkweed Editions
- Never Before: Poems About First experiences (Editor) , Four Way Books
- ALA Notable Book(2008)
- Isabella Gardner Award for Poetry(2001)
- Guest Writer at Sarah Lawrence (September 2000 - December 2011)
- professor at Solstice Low Residency MFA in Creative Writing (Pine Manor College) (2007 - )
- Lecturer at UCSB - College of Creative Studies (May 2013 - )
- Master of Fine Arts in Poetry from Warren Wilson College (July 1994)
Genres of Interest
Creative nonfiction, Poetry