Texas, United States
Member Since: 03/08/2013
Hayan Charara is the author of three poetry books: The Sadness of Others, nominated for the National Book Award in 2006, The Alchemist’s Diary, named a “Notable Debut” by Publisher’s Weekly, and Something Sinister, from Carnegie Mellon. He also edited Inclined to Speak, an anthology of contemporary Arab American poetry, and with Fady Joudah is series editor of the Etel Adnan Poetry Prize. His children’s book, The Three Lucys, received the New Voices Award Honors. A recipient of a fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts, he teaches in the Honors College at the University of Houston.
- The Sadness of Others , Carnegie Mellon University Press (January 1, 2006)
- The Alchemist's Diary , Hanging Loose Press (September 1, 2001)
- Inclined to Speak: an anthology of contemporary Arab American poetry , University of Arkansas Press (January 1, 2008)
- National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship (poetry)(2010)
- Doctoral Degree in Literature and Creative Writing from University of Houston (May 2010)