Miguel M. Morales
Kansas, United States
Member Since: 04/21/2015
Miguel M. Morales grew up in Texas working as a migrant/seasonal farmworker and child laborer. He is a Lambda Literary Fellow, an member of the Macondo Workshop, and a VONA/Voices alum. He serves as president of the LGBTQ Writers Caucus.
As a journalist, Miguel earned the Society of Professional Journalists' First Amendment Award.
Miguel's work appears in the anthologies Only Light Can Do That: 100 Post-Election Poems, Stories, & Essays, Imaniman: Anzaldua Poetic Anthology,Primera Página: Poetry from the Latino Heartlnad, Cuentos del Centro: Stories form the Latino Heartland, From Macho to Mariposa: New Gay Latino Fiction, Hibernation and other Poems by Bear Bards,in Pilgrimage and Raspa magazines, Assaracus: A Journal of Gay Poetry, Duende Journal, Green Mountains Review, and Borderlands: Texas Poetry Review. Miguel is co-editor of Pulse/Pulso anthology for Orlando.
Twitter Username: @TrustMiguel
- Only Light Can Do That: 100 Post-Election Poems, Stories, & Essays , PEN Center USA (December 2016)
- Imaniman: Anzaldua Poetic Anthology , Aunt Lute (November 2016)
- Hibernation, and other poems by bear bards , Bear Bones Books (April 2014)
- Cuentos del Centro: Stories from the Latino Heartland , Cucui Press (September 2013)
- Primera Página: Poetry from the Latino Heartland , Cucui Press (May 2013)
- To the Stars Through Difficulties: A Kansas Renga in 150 Voices , Mamoth Publications (November 2012)
- From Macho to Mariposa: New Gay Latino Fiction , Tincture (August 2011)
- Society of Professional Journalists' First Amendment Award(2006)
Genres of Interest
Fiction, Creative nonfiction, Playwriting, Children's literature , Poetry