Independent Study for Book Writers with Mary Carroll Moore at Madeline Island School of the Arts (MISA)
La Pointe, Wisconsin, United States
TUITION / COST:$775; lodging and meals are separate
Email us about our scholarships
CONTACT: Madeline Island School of the Arts (MISA)
Spend a focused week working on your manuscript, with personalized attention from Mary.
Especially designed for writers with a manuscript in partial or complete draft who need uninterrupted time to write and revise. Your IS week includes:
· Meeting with Mary before your week begins to plan each day
· Checkins with Mary each evening (by email) to chart your progress and get the next day’s assignment
· Option of attending three craft workshops on whole-book structure, chapter arcs, transitions, and theme to boost your writing skills
· Community you can join as you wish—for meals, evening activities, and sharing your writing for feedback
· Feedback from Mary on up to 8000 words of your writing after the retreat
A great way to solidify your writing practice and make strong progress on your book! To make the most of your week, please plan to stay on-campus.
Featured Writers Include:
Mary Caroll Moore
Fiction, Creative nonfiction
978 Middle Road
PO Box 536
Wisconsin, United States
978 Middle Road
Madeline Island School of the Arts
Madeline Island School of the Arts (MISA) is recognized for its world renowned instructors. Classes are held on Madeline Island from June – October in spacious studios with superior on-site accommodations and a full-time staff that will ensure an unforgettable experience.
MISA's main campus is located on Madeline Island, the largest of the Apostle Islands of Lake Superior, in northern Wisconsin. Winter workshops are held at the two MISA West locations: Tucson, AZ and Santa Fe, NM.