AWP Hiring Seasonal Conference Sponsorship Coordinator
December 15, 2022
Seasonal Conference Sponsorship Coordinator
The Conference Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of conference sponsorship, including sponsorship sales, and excellent customer service both remotely and at the conference, under the oversight of the Director of Conferences. The Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for maintaining good professional relations with AWP members, conference attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, AWP Board of Directors, vendors, staff, and volunteers. This position coordinates and collaborates with other AWP staff members on tasks throughout the entire conference cycle.
Although this job is remote, the applicant must reside in Maryland, Washington D.C., or Virginia.
The ideal candidate for this role will meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates a critical approach toward assessing, developing, and implementing enhancements to current goals
- Demonstrates successful management over the key responsibilities and any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Conferences
- Responds to requests and complaints in a kind, professional, and time-sensitive manner
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and adaptability in a fast-paced environment, with skill in managing several simultaneous priorities
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process sponsorship pledge forms, invoice sponsors, and respond to inquiries;
- Keep accurate, timely, and organized records
- Produce and distribute weekly sponsorship revenue report
- Utilize company-used programs (such as Asana, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey) to communicate with attendees, promote sponsorship, and track projects
- Provide regular and effective email updates and social media messaging to participating sponsors
- Track & ensure sponsors receive all outlined benefits
#AWP23 Conference & Bookfair Onsite Responsibilities
- Attend the Annual Conference & Bookfair in Seattle from March 5 through March 12, 2023
- Ensure satisfaction among conference sponsors and troubleshoot difficulties
- Assist with any sponsorship events or activities
- Provide additional organizational support as reasonably assigned by the Director of Conferences and Executive Director
- Thank all sponsors and gather feedback
- Archive all sponsor materials
- Report directly to the Director of Conferences
- Work in close collaboration with the Conference Bookfair Manager, Conference Events Manager, Director of Communications and Technology
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Two or more years work experience in events, sponsorship, or development preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Excel
At the conference, must be able to perform tasks that include extensive standing, sitting, driving, walking, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Must be able to pick up computer equipment and have means of transportation to ship equipment when necessary. Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment such as masks during the conference period, as well as lanyards, staff-supplied tees, etc. Must be able to bend and stoop to reach materials.
$20/hour, 40 hours a week. This is a contract position from date of hire to March 31, 2023. Permanent employment may be considered at the end of the term, though it is not guaranteed.
Please Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested by the Director of Finance and Operations and the Executive Director to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. All working hours and location may be subject to change.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Conference Sponsorship Coordinator” in the email's subject line.
AWP provides support, advocacy, resources, and community for writers, college and university creative writing programs, and writers’ conferences and centers. As a national professional association of creative writers and writing programs, AWP brings together independent writers, academic writing programs, journals, presses, and arts organizations, united by a love for the literary arts. In addition to hosting the largest annual gathering of writers in North America, AWP builds supportive communities through its extensive website, thriving mentorship program, and magazine dedicated to the craft of writing.
AWP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1967. Our mission is to amplify the voices of writers and the academic programs and organizations that serve them while championing diversity and excellence in creative writing.
Our staff is passionate about writers and writing programs. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the forefront of our work amid calls for racial justice and changing conditions. We continue to refine and add value to existing programs that have proven to be beneficial to our members and the literary community.
For more information on the Association of Writers & Writing Programs, please visit www.awpwriter.org