AWP Hiring Part-Time Conference Assistant!
September 28, 2022
AWP Hiring Part-Time Conference Assistant
- 20 hours a week — $15/hr
- Short term, part-time position
- October 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023
- Reports to Director of Conferences
Administrative Tasks May Include
- Deliver excellent customer service, including responding to queries, troubleshooting issues, and providing comprehensive information, all in a timely manner;
- Facilitate sponsorship and bookfair sales by processing pledge forms, invoicing sponsors/exhibitors, and responding to inquiries;
- Maintain accuracy of sponsorship, bookfair, registration, and events records and database;
- Assist with registration when needed;
- Update conference webpages (includes bookfair, events, and registration) and sponsorship webpage when needed through Asana;
- Provide additional organizational support as reasonably assigned by the Associate Director of Conferences and the Director of Conferences.
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrates a critical approach toward assessing, developing, and implementing enhancements to current goals. Demonstrates successful execution over the key responsibilities and any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Conferences.
- Reports daily to the Director of Conferences and the Associate Director in the Director’s absence.
- Coordinate as assigned with other AWP staff.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of work OR customer service-related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks
- Professional attitude
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Analytical Thinking
- Judgment/ Decision Making
Please send a cover letter and resume to Colleen Cable at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant must live in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area.
AWP provides support, advocacy, resources, and community for nearly 50,000 writers, 550 college and university creative writing programs, and 150 writers’ conferences and centers. As a national professional association of creative writers and writing programs, AWP brings together independent writers, academic writing programs, journals, presses, and arts organizations, united by a love for the literary arts. In addition to hosting the largest annual gathering of writers in North America, AWP builds supportive communities through its extensive website, thriving mentorship program, and magazine dedicated to the craft of writing.
AWP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1967. Our mission is to amplify the voices of writers and the academic programs and organizations that serve them while championing diversity and excellence in creative writing.
Our staff is passionate about writers and writing programs. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the forefront of our work amid calls for racial justice and changing conditions. We continue to refine and add value to existing programs that have proven to be beneficial to our members and the literary community.
For more information on the Association of Writers & Writing Programs, please visit www.awpwriter.org.
AWP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. AWP is committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the population that it serves at all levels within the organization.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Communication skills: 2 years (Preferred)
- Writing skills: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote