Ms. Tamara J. Madison
Florida, United States
Member Since: 07/22/2018
Tamara J. Madison is an internationally traveled writer, poet, and performer. Her critical and creative works have been published in various journals, magazines, and anthologies including Poetry International, Extract, Web del Sol Review of Books, Tidal Basin Review, and aaduna. She has also been published in the anthologies, Temba Tupu (RedSea Press), Check the Rhyme (LitNoire Press) and SisterFire (HarperCollins).
She is the author of Collard County, A Collection of Short Stories, and Kentucky Curdled, a poetry/essay collection and poetry audiobook. Her album, Naked Voice, is Grand Prize Winner of the First Literary Recording Contest for Manzanita Quarterly and AUTHENTIC VOICEwork Records. Her most recent poetry collection Threed, This Road Not Damascus was short-listed under the title, Breast Poems, in the 2015 Willow Books Literature Award for poetry and is a forthcoming publication with Trio House Press for summer 2019.
Tamara has performed and recorded her work for stage, television, and studio. She enjoys facilitating creative writing and expressions workshops for both youths and adults. She currently lives in Orlando where she teaches as a professor of English and creative writing at Valencia College. She has also worked extensively as a guest poetry editor for aaduna literary and visual arts journal.
Twitter Username: @TamaraJMadison
- Threed, This Road Not Damascus , Trio House Press (July 1, 2019)
- Professor of English & Creative Writing at Valencia College (August 2014 - )
- Professor of English at Stetson University (August 2014 - August 2015)
- Professor of English at Fairleigh Dickinson University (August 2010 - December 2013)
- Professor of Developmental English at Hudson County Community College (August 2010 - December 2013)
- Master of Fine Arts in Poetry, Literary Criticism/Response from New Englan College (July 2010)
- Bachelor of Arts in French, African American Literature/History from Purdue University (May 1986)
Genres of Interest
Fiction, Creative nonfiction, Poetry