Ms. Emari DiGiorgio
New Jersey, United States
Member Since: 05/19/2006
Emari DiGiorgio’s first full-length collection The Things a Body Might Become is forthcoming from ELJ Editions in July 2017. She’s received residencies from the Vermont Studio Center, Sundress Academy of the Arts, and Rivendell Writers’ Colony and a poetry fellowship from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
She teaches at Stockton University, is a Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation Poet, and is an active member of the South Jersey Poets Collective, where she hosts World Above, a monthly reading series in Atlantic City, NJ; A Tour of Poetry, a monthly poetry workshop for older adults in Northfield, NJ; and a series of community writing workshops for underserved populations in the South Jersey area.
Twitter Username: @Emari_DiGiorgio
- The Things a Body Might Become , ELJ Editions
- Rivendell Writers Colony Percy Fellow(2016)
- Distinguished Teaching Artist and Governor's Award in Arts Education(2012)
- New Jersey State Council on the Arts Poetry Fellowship(2007)
- The Ellen La Forge Poetry Prize(2006)
- Associate Professor of Writing at Stockton University (September 2007 - )
- Teaching Artist at The Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Foundation (September 2012 - )
- Master of Fine Arts in Poetry from New York University (May 2005)
Genres of Interest
Creative nonfiction, Poetry