Maryland, United States
James Arthur's poems have appeared in The New Yorker, The New Republic, Poetry, Ploughshares, and The American Poetry Review. He has received The Amy Lowell Travelling Poetry Scholarship, a Stegner Fellowship, a Hodder Fellowship, and a Discovery/The Nation Prize. His first book, Charms Against Lightning, was published by Copper Canyon Press. He lives in Baltimore and teaches in the Writing Seminars at Johns Hopkins University.
- Charms Against Lightning , Copper Canyon Press (2012)
- Assistant Professor at Johns Hopkins University
- Master of Fine Arts in Poetry from University of Washington (2003)
- Master of Arts in Fiction from University of New Brunswick (2001)
- Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Toronto (1998)