Ms. Yvette Angelique
Florida, United States
Member Since: 10/23/2017
Yvette Angelique, a poet and essayist, is a recovering C-suite executive in financial services and management consulting. Today she defines her work as “all things narrative.” She is a teaching artist facilitating writing workshops locally and globally, and furthers social justice through cultural activism. Yvette uses creative writing, narrative inquiry, and storytelling to help transform individuals and communities.
So how does a poet and writer live inside a bank executive and CEO? Mergers, re-engineering, and diversity initiatives filled Yvette’s business plate. At the same time, she devoted long hours developing her writing voice, publishing, and as a teaching artist. Yvette completed two graduate programs: Creative Writing at the University of Denver and Transformative Language Arts for Personal and Social Change at Goddard College.
Yvette’s essays, poems, and articles have appeared in the Bucks County Literary Journal, Anchor Magazine, The OD Practitioner, Tamara Journal for Critical Organization Inquiry, Practising Social Change, and The Diversity Factor; she has contributed to other publications and anthologies. Yvette received a 2016 Art Ventures grant from the Community Foundation of Northeast Florida, helping to complete her upcoming book of essays, Complicated Truths: Emerging as Leader of a Whole Life.
Yvette currently serves on the Leadership Council at the Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center, Advisory Board Member for White and Woke, and Board Directer and Finance Committee Chair for First Person Arts: Memoir and Documentary Arts. Yvette is on the Editorial Board for Practising Social Change, an international publication for practitioners in applied behavioral science (United Kingdom). She is a team member and speaker coach for TEDx Jacksonville. Yvette is a native of Washington DC and raised her family in South Jersey for 25 years. She currently resides with her husband in Atlantic Beach, FL. Contact: YHyater@gmail.com and +1 (904) 372-3771 or 609-636-0049 cell/text.
Twitter Username: @YHyater
- “Women’s Self-Leadership Through Transformative Narratives,” in Changing the World With Words: A Transformative Language Arts Reader , Rowman & Littlefield Publishers (2014)
- Learning Diversity and Leadership Skills Through Transformative Narratives , Tamara Journal for Critical Organization Inquiry (2010)
- TLA as a Coaching Process” The Power of Words: Social and Personal Transformation Through The Spoken , TLA Network (2007)
- Arts Venture Award and Grant for Writing(2016)
- Chief Storytelling Officer at Narratives for Change, LLC (September 2013 - )
- President & CEO at Prime Directive Consulting Group, Inc. (June 1997 - September 2013)
- President, Interim at NTL Institute for Applied Behavioral Science (March 2011 - January 2012)
- Senior Vice President at CoreStates Financial Corp (now Wells Fargo) (April 1990 - July 1998)
- Writer, Teaching Artist, Coach at Renaissance Muse (April 2001 - December 2010)
- Master of Arts in Transformative Language Arts, Personal and Social Change Writing from Goddard College (August 2003)
- Certificate in Creative Writing from University of Denver (May 2007)
Genres of Interest
Creative nonfiction, Poetry