Iowa, United States
Member Since: 01/09/2011
Marianne Taylor is a recipient of the Allen Ginsberg Award, the Helen A. Quade Memorial Writer’s Award, and an Iowa Woman Poetry Prize; and her manuscript, Salt Water, Iowa, has been a finalist in a half dozen contests. Her poetry appears widely in anthologies and national journals such as Nimrod International, North American Review, Connecticut Review, Alaska Quarterly and Alehouse. She also writes and directs plays; teaches creative writing and literature at Kirkwood Community College; and serves on the city council in Mount Vernon, IA, where she lives with her husband and sons.
Twitter Username: @mariannejtaylor
- Many individual (and grouped) poems , A variety of national literary journals and anthologies over the past twenty years.
- Allen Ginsburg Poetry Prize(2004)
- Helen A. Quade Memorial Writer's Award(2006)
- Iowa Woman Poetry Prize(1995)
- Numerous Finalist & Semi-Finalist roles in national book competitions, various dates
- Professor of English at Kirkwood Community College (August 1993 - )
- Associate Professor of English at Fullerton College (January 1989 - May 1993)
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Bucknell University
- Master of Arts in English from University of California, Irvine
Genres of Interest