Ms. Maria Luisa Arroyo
Massachusetts, United States
Member Since: 09/01/2011
project developer & facilitator, "Let's Read & Create Art Together!"- a monthly bilingual (English/Spanish) family literacy & creative arts project. Co-sponsored with the Springfield Library, Springfield. MA. October 10, November 18, December 16, 2017; January 20, February 17, March 17, April 21, May 26, June 6, 2018.
poetry workshop facilitator, "Three Types of American Ghazal". Riverwood Poetry Series, West Hartford, CT. November 9, 2017.
middle school poetry workshop leader, 2017 Western MA Student Day of Poetry Festival, UMass Amherst, Amherst, MA. Sponsored by Mass Poetry. December 7, 2017.
conference panelist, Have MFA, Will Teach: Create Teaching and Outreach Opportunities Outside Academia". 2018 AWP Conference, Tampa, FL. March 7-10, 2018.
ekphrastic poetry workshop facilitator. 25th Annual Monson Arts Exhibit, Monson, MA. Sponsored by the Monson Arts Council. April 2018.
Twitter Username: @poetamama
- Gathering Words: Recogiendo Palabras , Bilingual Press/Arizona State University (June 2008)
- Bullying: Replies, Rebuttals, Confessions, and Catharsis , Co-edited with Magdalena Gomez. NY: Skyhorse Publshing (June 2012)
- 2016 New England Public Radio (NEPR) Arts & Humanities Award Recipient(2016)
- Inaugural Poet Laureate, Springfield, MA (2014-2016)(2014)
- Massachusetts Cultural Council Poetry Fellow(2004)
- Assistant Professor of Writing and First-Year Studies at Bay Path University (August 2017 - )
- Bachelor of Arts in German from Colby College (May 1985)
- Master of Arts in German Language and Literature from Tutfs Univeristy (May 1996)
- Master of Fine Arts in Poetry from Pine Manor College (July 2015)
Genres of Interest
Creative nonfiction, Children's literature , Poetry