West Virginia, United States
Member Since: 08/08/2012
Christa Parravani is the author of Her: A Memoir.
Her was named the Amazon Debut Spotlight Pick for March 2013 and an
Amazon best book of the month. It was selected as an Indie Bound Next Pick,
an NPR, Oprah and People Magazine must-read memoir. Her was a Wall Street
Journal, Salon, and Library Journal best book of the year. Parravani's
writing has appeared in Marie Claire, Glamour, The Washington Post, Salon,
The Rumpus, The Daily Beast, The London Times, The Daily Mail, The Guardian, and DAME, among other places.
She has an essay in the New York Times Bestselling “Women in Clothes,”
published by Viking Penguin. She has been featured in Poets and Writers,
Vogue, on PBS, and on NPR's "All Things Considered" and "To the Best of Our
Knowledge," among other places. She has an MFA in Visual Art from Columbia
University and an MFA in Creative Writing from Rutgers Newark. She is an
Assistant Professor of Creative Writing at West Virginia University.
Twitter Username: @cparravani
- Her: A Memoir , Henry Holt (March 5, 2013)
- Macdowell Fellowship
- Assistant Professor at West Virginia University (August 2015 - )
- Bachelor of Arts in Literature from Bard College (May 1999)
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from Rutgers Newark (May 2011)
- Master of Fine Arts in Visual Art from Columbia University (May 2003)
Genres of Interest
Fiction, Creative nonfiction