Susanna J. Mishler
Alaska, United States
Susanna J. Mishler ‘s work has appeared in Alaska Quarterly Review, The Iowa Review, Kenyon Review Online, Mid-American Review, and elsewhere. Her collection of poems, titled Termination Dust, will be released from Boreal Books/Red Hen Press in 2014.
She holds an MFA in Poetry from The University of Arizona in Tucson, where she was a recipient of the Bill Waller Writing Award. During her time in Tucson she also served as a poetry editor for Sonora Review.
In her hometown of Anchorage, Alaska, Susanna helps coordinate the Synergies Live Reading and Performance Series. Synergies brings writers together with visual and performing artists to create unique and dynamic events. It hosts writers of national acclaim as well as local and emerging artists and writers.
Susanna earns her living as an electrician and sometimes teaches poetry workshops. Among other things, she’s worked as a wildlife surveyor, dock hand, science educator, and sled dog handler.
- Termination Dust , Boreal Books / Red Hen Press (January 1)
- Kenyon Review Peter Taylor Fellowship(2013)
- Journeyman Wireman at IBEW Local 1547 (June 2009 - )
- Master of Fine Arts in Poetry from University of Arizona, Tucson (May 2004)
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies from The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA (June 1998)
Genres of Interest