California, United States
Michelle Arch completed her Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing at Chapman University in 2014. She also holds Master’s degrees in English and Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Theatre and English. Arch is a member of the Association of Writers & Writing Programs, American Christian Fiction Writers, the Christian Writers Guild, the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, the Modern Language Association, and the Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society.
Her current projects include a portfolio of short stories, poems, columns, and critical essays, many of which explore themes of identity and self-definition and the study of mimetic imagery, and a novel. Arch has presented her work at the 2010 and 2011 Sigma Tau Delta International Conventions in St. Louis and Pittsburgh; the Sigma Tau Delta 2011 Regional Conference in Orange, California; the 2012 John Fowles Literary Forum; and the 2012 Big Orange Book Festival. Her work appears regularly on the ACFW website, on the online journal TreeHouse, and in the Orange County Register.
An excerpt from her novel, Time of Death, won First Prize in the Fiction Writing Contest sponsored by The Editorial Department, Second Prize in the WestBow Press Writing Contest, and Third Prize in the Beverly Bush Smith Aspiring Writer Award competition at the 2012 Orange County Christian Writers Conference in Newport Beach.
To visit her website and blog, Archetype, go to http://www.michellearch.wordpress.com.
- Archetype , http://www.michellearch.wordpress.com (August 25, 2009)
- Opening a Gateway to Simple Joys , The Ladera Post, Orange County Register (April 12, 2013)
- Finding the Writer Within , The Ladera Post, Orange County Register (February 22, 2013)
- The Write Stuff , http://www.acfw.com/blog/?p=6202 (January 23, 2013)
- Demons and Darlings , http://www.acfw.com/blog/?p=5001 (August 25, 2012)
- A Silent Abyss , http://www.acfw.com/blog/?p=9122 (November 8, 2013)
- More is More , http://treehousearts.me/2013/07/11/more-is-more/ (July 11, 2013)
- The Act of Creation , http://treehousearts.me/2013/06/12/the-act-of-creation/ (June 12, 2013)
- A Sense of Style , http://www.acfw.com/blog/?p=8304 (August 25, 2013)
- Writing in the Aftermath , http://michellearch.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/writing-in-the-aftermath/ (January 5, 2015)
- Awe, Anxiety, and the Anti-Oprah: An Evening with Jonathan Franzen , http://treehousearts.me/2014/11/29/an-evening-with-jonathan-franzen/ (November 29, 2014)
- Genetics-Based Grammarianism , http://www.acfw.com/blog/genetics-based-grammarianism/ (July 28, 2014)
- An Interview with Blogger Michelle Arch , http://treehousearts.me/2014/07/26/an-interview-with-author-and-blogger-michelle-arch/ (July 26, 2014)
- First Prize in the Fiction Writing Contest sponsored by The Editorial Department (2012)
- Second Prize in the WestBow Press Writing Contest (2012)
- Third Prize in the Beverly Bush Smith Aspiring Writer Award (2012)
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from Chapman University (December 2014)
- Master of Arts in English from Chapman University (May 2013)
- Master of Science in Business Administration from California State University, Fullerton (May 2002)
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts and English from California State University, Fullerton (December 1988)
Genres of Interest
Fiction, Creative nonfiction, Playwriting, Poetry