Texas, United States
Member Since: 04/30/2015
Richard Z. Santos is a writer and teacher living in Austin, Texas. His fiction and poetry have appeared in Nimrod, Kill Author, Bartleby Snopes, Snake Oil Cure, Flashflood, and many others. His essays and author profiles have appeared in Kirkus Reviews, The Rumpus, The LA Review of Books, The Texas Observer, The San Antonio Express News, and many others.
Richard has moderated panels for multiple years at The Texas Book Festival, where he is also on the LitCrawl Austin Steering Committee, and a regular judge for the writing contest. Richard is also a regular judge for the Writer's League of Texas novel manuscript competition. He has presented on multiple literary and academic panels; including helping organize a symposium of Mexican American writers at Texas State University.
Richard teaches Senior English, and Dual Credit English, at a national recognized high school just outside of Austin. In a previous life he worked for some of the nation's top political consulting firms, campaigns, and labor organizations. He has recently finished his first novel and is seeking representation.
Twitter Username: @richardzsantos
- Features Writer at Kirkus Reviews
- Book Reviews and Author Interviews at Freelance
- English (12th grade) Instructor at Manor New Technology High School
- Lecturer at Austin Community College
- Bachelor of Arts in English and History from The University of Texas-Austin
- Master of Arts in Literature from Georgetown University
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing: Fiction from Texas State University
Genres of Interest
Fiction, Creative nonfiction, Screenwriting, Poetry