Mr Ryan Asmussen
Illinois, United States
RYAN ASMUSSEN, writer and high school English teacher of AP English Literature & Composition for the past nine years, has been a Presenter at College Board's AP Conference ("The Problem of 'Meaning' in Literature") as well as a Reader for the AP English Literature & Composition Exam.
In addition to his writing and teaching, he plays drums, guitar, and piano, sometimes in semi-professional bands, and studies Zen Buddhism. Asmussen earned his Bachelor of Liberal Studies in English & American Literature and Master of Arts in Teaching in English from Boston University.
Originally from Newburyport, Massachusetts, he now lives and works in the Chicagoland area with wife Jenny, son Declan, and Boston Terrier Moe.
- “Childhood" (poem) , Compass Rose, Volume XI (2011)
- “Everything I Encounter Is My Life" (poem) , Pirene’s Fountain: Japan Anthology (2011)
- “Flannery" (poem) , “Flannery,” Mandala Journal (2011)
- “The Winter" (poem) , The Broad River Review (2010)
- THE ENGLISHMAN AND THE BUTTERFLY (novel: literary fiction) , Amazon KDP (October 1, 2012)
- Bachelor of Arts in English from Boston University (July 2002)
- Master of Arts in Teaching - English from Boston University (July 2003)
Genres of Interest
Fiction, Creative nonfiction, Poetry