South Carolina, United States
Member Since: 08/22/2012
Brock Adams's fiction has appeared in many journals, among them The Sewanee Review, Bacopa Literary Review, and A Capella Zoo, and was anthologized in Best American Mystery Stories 2011. He has won prizes including the Andrew Lytle Prize in Fiction, first place in the Hub City Fiction Contest, and second place in Playboy's College Fiction Contest.
His first collection of short stories, Gulf, was published by Pocol Press in 2010. An Italian version of the same collection, Cose Che Puoi Fare con un Barattolo di Zuppa Campbell, was published that year by Red Robin Press in Rome.
Adams is an Instructor of English and Creative Writing at USC Upstate in Spartanburg, SC. He is also Director of the University Writing Center. He has special interest in the role that evolution plays in the telling and enjoying of stories.
- Gulf , Pocol Press (April 1, 2010)
- Cose Che Puoi Fare con un Barattolo di Zuppa Campbell , Round Robin Press (March 1, 2010)
- "Audacious" , Best American Mystery Stories 2011 (September 1, 2011)
- Andrew Lytle Prize in Fiction(2010)
- 1st Place, Hub City Fiction Prize(2011)
- 2nd Place, Playboy's College Fiction Prize(2008)
- Director, University Writing Center at University of South Carolina Upstate (May 2012 - )
- Instructor, English and Creative Writing at University of South Carolina Upstate (August 2008 - )
- Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Florida (May 2005)
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from University of Central Florida (May 2008)
Genres of Interest
Fiction, Creative nonfiction